How Can I Help My Child SUCCEED in School?
- Stay involved and feel free to contact your child’s teacher with any questions or concerns.
- Do not talk about your child’s teacher at school.
- Make sure your child is getting plenty of sleep and is ready for school each day.
- Ask your children about school and encourage them to talk about their day.
- Read with your child every night.
- Help your child with his/her homework every night.
- Teach your children to be responsible for their actions and their schoolwork.
September – Responsibility
October – Respect
November – Citizenship
December – Generosity
January – Integrity
February – Caring/Kindness
March – Self-Discipline
April – Perseverance
May – Fairness
(for student safety and well-being concerns after school hours)
Montgomery County Youth Services
24 Hour Crisis Hotline
Tri-County Services Child & Adolescent Mental Health
Crisis #: 1-800-659-6994
United Way of Houston
Dial 211 (free helpline 24/7)